Weight Loss Tips: Conclusive List (Tips to Lose Fat & Keep It Off) We have assembled a detailed list of valuable tips that can help you lose weight in no time. Try these 100+ tips for weight loss right away.
If you’re on a journey to find a better, leaner, fitter you but just don’t know where to start, then look no further. We’ve compiled a comprehensive list of over 100 useful tips and ideas to inspire you on your weight loss journey.
If you’re a fitness professional, this list is a great resource for you to share with clients, imparting these gems of advice through emails, newsletter, tweets, or Facebook posts.
So without further ado, here they are: 100+ tips for fat loss and fitness.
Best weight loss tips
- Do you want to lose weight? This might sound strange, but eating less does not necessarily work. DON’T skip meals, especially breakfast! It will slow down your metabolism and you’ll burn fewer calories.
- Top tip for weight loss! Drink lots and lots of water! Aim for around 4 liters a day.
- Being active is the key to losing weight and keeping it off. Exercise can help burn off the excess calories you can’t cut through diet alone. Find an activity you enjoy and are able to fit into your routine!
- Fruit and veg are low in calories and fat, and high in fiber – three essential ingredients for successful weight loss. They also contain plenty of vitamins and minerals. Try to have at least 5 portions a day.
- Eat foods that contain lots of fiber, as they help keep you to feel full, which is perfect for losing weight. Fiber is only found in food from plants, such as fruit and veg, oats, wholegrain bread, brown rice and pasta, and beans, peas and lentils.
- Portion control is essential for weight loss. Using a smaller plate can help you gradually get used to eating smaller portions without feeling hungry.
- Drinking coffee can boost your metabolism by 3-11%, so is perfect to aid weight loss. Make sure not to add a bunch of sugar or full-fat milk, as that will negate any benefits you get from the coffee!
- Added sugar is the single worst ingredient in the modern diet, and most people are eating way too much of it. To lose weight, cut back on added sugars. Make sure to read labels, because even so-called health foods can be loaded with sugar!
- Trying to lose weight? Plan your breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks for the week, making sure you stick to your calorie allowance.
- Top tip for losing weight! Chew more slowly…it can help you eat fewer calories and increase the production of hormones that are linked to weight loss.
Weight loss tips for beginners
- Starting your weight loss journey? Remember, just because healthy foods aren’t considered “junky”, it doesn’t mean you can eat as much as you want!
- Although walking is definitely a better workout than just sitting on the couch, you’ll need to kick up the intensity if you want to lose weight!
- One pound equals 3,500 calories. To lose a pound a week, do a combo of exercise and cutting caloric intake to reach 500 calories a day.
- Top tip to start your weight loss – Monitor your calories as accurately as you can! Write down everything in a food journal, or use a weight-loss app.
- When trying to lose weight, measure everything you prepare to make sure you have the correct portion size. It’s easy to overestimate when you’re hungry!
- Need a weight loss tip? In order to prevent that famished feeling that drives us to overeat, plan on eating three meals and two snacks a day.
- Every time you eat, be sure to include protein to satisfy your hunger, fiber to fill you up, and healthy carbs to sustain your energy.
- Starting out on your weight loss journey? Try to keep breakfast, lunch and dinner between 300 and 500 calories each, and the two snacks 150 each.
- Are you thinking about losing weight? Most important tip? You have to decide that it’s time for a change; you have to make the commitment and the decision.
- Top tip for losing weight…Don’t drink your calories! No juices, no soda, no sports drinks…just water.
Weight loss tips for women
- The most successful weight loss journeys are slow and consistent. Try to lose no more than 2.5 pounds a week.
- Women need to work out consistently to lose weight. A short bout of exercise each day is more effective than longer, less frequent periods.
- Don’t give up when your weight loss plateaus! It’s inevitable and it’s easy to get discouraged when it happens. Mix up your routine, try a different exercise and you’ll soon start seeing results again.
- Top tip for women on weight loss journeys. Find a healthy meal you like and eat it all the time!
- If you slip up, that’s ok! Just resolve to better choices at your next meal J
- Don’t cut out entire food categories, such as carbs or fats. Just trim the portions down and choose healthier options.
- Did you know? You’re more likely to give in to cravings when you’re tired. So make sure you get enough sleep!
- Start your meals with water! Drink a big glass of water at the start of every meal to help you feel full and eat less.
- Top weight loss tip! Don’t think about what you can’t eat. Focus on what you can eat more of…delicious, colorful fruits and veg, as well as fish, legumes and nuts.
- Keep it simple! Simple dishes are often less fattening because they don’t have any sauce or dressing.
Weight loss tips for men
- Swap intervals for cardio! Researchers say that interval training prompts your body to continue burning extra calories long after you’ve left the gym.
- Drink tea! Research suggests that those who drink tea – black, green, or white, as long as it’s from real tea versus herbal tea – have lower BMIs and less body fat than those who don’t consume tea.
- Top tip for weight loss….lift weights. Heavy weights. Build more muscles, burn more calories.
- Do you want to maximize your weight loss and fat burnt? Cut down rest time between sets. This will keep your heart rate elevated, causing an increase in calories burned.
- Eat more protein. Replacing refined carbohydrates with lean protein will not only help satiate you, but will also increase your metabolism.
- If you’re looking to lose weight, eat the bulk of your meals in the AM. Then eat progressively less throughout the day – this can positively influence weight change.
- Not sure how to cook your food? Avoid the fryer and use the fat-burner that everyone has in your backyard – your grill!
- Try to walk at least 10,000 steps each day. Wear a pedometer to keep track.
- Trying to lose weight? Keep healthy snacks, like nuts or veggie sticks, on you at all times, so you are prepared at all times!
- Top tip! Wake up early to exercise. You’re more likely to get it done if you don’t wait until after work.
Healthy weight loss tips
- Make sure you lose weight healthily. Eat regular meals and don’t skip breakfast!
- The best way to lose weight healthily is to cut back on sugars and starches, especially refined ones.
- Stop counting calories and eat foods that nourish your body! This is the best way to lose weight.
- Top tip to lose weight healthily – use the “Plate Method”. Fill half your plate with non-starchy veggies, one quarter with whole grains, and the last quarter with lean protein.
- Struggling to stay on track? Talk positively to yourself and quiet your inner critic. Notice during the day your positive efforts and compliment yourself.
- Don’t get obsessed with exercising during the start of your weight loss journey. Go to the gym 3-4 times a week, to lift weights and do some light cardio.
- To lose weight healthily, keep your daily carb intake under 20-50 grams, and get the rest of your calories from lean proteins and healthy fats.
- Remember to eat mostly whole, unprocessed foods. Base most of your diet on whole foods. They are healthier, more filling and much less likely to cause overeating.
- Poor sleep is one of the strongest risk factors for weight gain, so taking care of your sleep is important and key to a healthy weight loss journey.
- Eat your food slowly! Fast eaters gain more weight over time. Eating slowly makes you feel fuller and boosts weight-reducing hormones.
Natural weight loss tips
- Cinnamon tea is a popular natural weight loss tool, as it helps manage blood sugar levels, keeping your hunger down and your energy high.
- Drink green tea! Three components in green tea can help you lose weight naturally – caffeine, catechins, and theanine.
- Are you searching for a natural ingredient to boost your metabolism, energy and mental alertness? Ginseng tea could be the answer! Why not give it a go?
- Chew gum to help lose weight naturally – seriously! It’s a great way to trick your brain into thinking it’s getting more than it is.
- The most natural way to lose weight? Stay hydrated! Drink water so that your body runs smoothly and burns fat. It also flushes bad stuff through your system, and also helps curb appetite.
- Use coconut oil as a replacement fat when cooking. It contains unique fats that help you use energy more efficiently, and it is also an incredible appetite suppressant.
- A great natural snack to help your weight loss journey? Plain yogurt and honey. The yogurt maintains a healthy balance of gut flora that optimizes digestion and breakdown of certain substances (like fat).
- It may sound obvious, but one the most natural tips to lose weight is to get enough sleep. With enough rest, you’re ensuring that all systems are go, and that you have the best chance possible to succeed at losing weight.
- A spicy little concoction of black pepper and lemon juice can be a great natural way of keeping ahead on your weight loss battle. Give it a go!
- An apple a day keeps the weight at bay! They are packed with fiber, which helps curb appetite and they can also help regulate blood sugar levels.
Fast weight loss tips
- Are you looking to lose weight fast? The first step is to curb your sugar habit. They will just increase your cravings for more sugar – and that only leads to trouble!
- Fast way to lose weight? Swap refined carbs for veggies!
- Do a cardio exercise 30 minutes a day to burn calories and lose weight fast. Pick a cardio routine that engages multiple muscles simultaneously, such as spinning, cardio kickboxing, or boot-camp workouts.
- Drink coffee an hour before working out! This is a great fast weight loss tip, as it gets you energized and pumped to exercise.
- Build a better breakfast! Start your day with a blood sugar stabilizing blend of nutrients that will help you slim down fast and without sacrifice.
- Top tip to lose weight fast. Walk before dinner, and you’ll cut calories and your appetite!
- Try hot sauce, salsa, and Cajun seasonings instead of creamy dressings. They provide lots of flavor with no fat and few calories, plus they turn up your digestive fires, causing your body to temporarily burn more calories.
- Need a simple way to step up your weight loss, fast? Swap your whole milk out for skimmed milk and you’ll have cut the calories by about half and trimmed the fat by more than 95%!
- Make one food sacrifice to see fast weight loss results. Cut out one indulgence, such as the dessert you eat after dinner, and it can subtract a few hundred calories from your diet, which translates into less flab.
- Wanting to lose weight fast? Try a strict calorie-controlled diet, such as the Military Diet, for a week. Be warned! The diet is not sustainable and not meant for long-term use J
Easy weight loss tips
- Easy way to lose weight…avoid sugary drinks and fruit juice, and stick to water. Lots of water!
- Here’s an easy way to lose weight for everyone – multitask while watching TV! Lift some weights, do crunches and lunches, and even put a treadmill in your living room.
- This tip means less cooking for you – that’s right, LESS cooking! Cook once on Sunday and eat what you’ve prepared during the week. Make a healthy meal on Sunday then eat leftovers all week long. Easy, right!
- Simple, easy weight loss tip. Switch full fat milk for skim milk, wholegrain rice for white rice, and sparkling water for soda.
- Carry healthy snacks with you everywhere you go. That way you won’t be tempted by that muffin or chocolate bar when you’re feeling peckish.
- Want an easy tip to lose weight? Use non-stick cookware when you’re preparing food? That way, you don’t need to use oil and butter, and you’re saving lots of unnecessary fat and calories.
- Drink coffee an hour before working out. It boosts your metabolism and can increase the number of calories burned. What an easy way to boost your weight loss!
- Try to sleep 30 minutes more a night. That extra half hour can refresh you enough that you will make better food choices and won’t feel lethargic and skip the gym.
- Easy way to help weight loss? Make one food sacrifice! Get rid of a few hundred calories a day by skipping a daily bad habit, whether it’s those chips or that sneaky late night ice cream.
- Swap refined carbs for veggies. Instead of chips and dip, go for carrots and dip. The complex carbs are digested more slowly than simple carbs, so you’ll remain full longer. And because veggies are mostly water, they also help flush out excess water weight.
Quick weight loss tips
- Close your kitchen for 12 hours! Sound weird? Trust us, it works! That should be the time between your last bite at night and first in the morning. It will help you lose weight, and quickly.
- People easily confuse hunger with thirst, especially when they’re trying to stick to a weight-loss plan. So when you think you’re feeling peckish, get a glass of water instead of food. A simple, effective and quick way to aid weight loss.
- Before you reach for those unhealthy snacks, ask yourself 2 questions: “One, am I hungry? And two, what am I hungry for?” Give yourself a 5 minute buffer time to decide if you are really hungry. This can have a big impact on quick weight loss.
- Quick way to lose weight? If you’re out for dinner at a restaurant, why not choose an appetizer instead of an entrée?
- Supersize your veggies, and shrink your portions of the other food groups. This will improve your health and lead to quick weight loss.
- Find new favorite foods and drinks! Don’t deprive yourself; you just won’t stick to it. If you love soda, maybe try something else with bubbliness, like seltzer or flavored water, to replace it.
- It may sound strange, but set a time for treats. If you know you have something indulgent to look forward to, it may be easier to turn down other temptations.
- In order to lose weight quickly, you have to be aware, so that you are making better food choices. This means tracking your calorie intake vs your calories burned, and making sure you’re on the right path.
- Breakfast is the most important meal of the day! For an effective, quick weight loss, make sure you have a balanced morning meal with protein, fat, fiber and veggies, so that you feel fuller for longer.
- Watch for added sugars! Sugar is an addictive ingredient – the more you eat it, the more you want. Avoid processed choices in favor of whole ones, and you will see quick weight loss results.
Diet tips for weight loss
- Top diet tip for weight loss? Never go more than 3-4 hours without food during the day. Eating regularly helps keep hunger at bay, while keeping your energy up.
- Eat more whole foods! In general, the less processed a food is, the slower it takes to digest, and the longer it keeps you feeling satisfied and full.
- Want a great diet tip to lose weight? Don’t give up all your favorite foods! If you allow yourself occasional indulgences, you are less likely to feel deprived – and more likely to stick with your diet.
- Avoid late-night feasting! Make sure you leave at least an hour after finishing your meal before going to bed to allow for proper digestion.
- Size matters! Portion control is a critical strategy for weight control. Make sure you measure carefully your meat and carbs to keep you honest about how much you’re eating.
- An important diet tip for weight loss…aim to drink 3 liters of water with lemon each and every day. Adding the lemon helps to detoxify the liver and metabolizes fat.
- Listen to your hunger! Eat slowly, savor every bite, and pay attention to when you begin to feel full – otherwise you can consume more calories than your body needs at each meal.
- Don’t buy specific diet food. This may sound weird, but instead go for foods based on their nutritional value and health benefits. By eating healthy foods that are rich in nutrients, you’re sure to lose weight pretty effortlessly.
- Start juicing! Drinking fresh vegetable juice is so good for you, and it gives you so much energy. And…it actually tastes good!
- Unhealthy snacking is often the downfall to a weight loss journey. Always keep healthy snacks on hand, such as raw almonds, that will keep your blood sugar stable and those cravings at bay.