This policy describes how Fittco collects, holds, uses and discloses personal information consistent with the Privacy Act 1988 (Act) and the Australian Privacy Principles found in the Act. Fittco aims to review this policy and keep it current. Any amendments to this policy will apply whether or not you have received specific notice of any change.
- Collection of Personal Information
Fittco collects and holds personal information from you. Personal information is only collected and held when it is necessary for business purposes. The kind of personal information that Fittco collects and holds includes the contact details and search preferences of our members. Often, the type of information that Fittco may collect is determined by the services being provided.
Some examples of the personal information are (without limitation) name, gender, date of birth, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number(s).
Fittco collects most information directly from its members. The personal information that Fittco collects may be provided in forms / documents filled out by members, in emails to Fittco, telephone conversations or by third parties and business cards that you provide to Fittco. If a member contacts Fittco, Fittco may keep a record of that contact.
It may occasionally be necessary to collect sensitive information about you, for example, your address and payment information. Except as otherwise permitted by law, we only collect, use and disclose sensitive information about you if you consent to the collection, use and disclosure of the information and if the information is reasonably necessary for the performance of our functions and activities.
- Use of Personal Information
Generally, the personal information you submit is used and disclosed for the purpose for which it is submitted (primary purpose) and any secondary purpose related to the provision of our services. If Fittco collects, holds or uses personal information in ways other than as stated in this policy, it will ensure that it does so in accordance with the Act.
Some of the reasons why Fittco collects, holds and uses personal information include:
- providing services to you;
- performing administrative functions, including monitoring, auditing, evaluation, and answering queries;
- communicating with you, customers, contractors and service providers;
- for marketing purposes relating to Fittco’ services;
- to maintain contact with you;
- to keep you and other contacts informed of the services Fittco offers and industry developments that may be of interest including any seminars or events; and
- other purposes related to Fittco’ business.
Fittco may be unable to provide its services without collecting the personal information it requires from time to time or if the information you provide is incorrect, incomplete or inaccurate.
- Disclosure of Personal Information
Fittco may disclose your personal information under the following circumstances:
- as part of an engagement to a third party service provider;
- where such disclosure is permitted by this policy;
- where such disclosure is necessary to provide a product or service which has been requested;
- to protect the rights, property or personal safety of any member of the public;
- as part of an actual or proposed acquisition, merger, demerger, joint venture or referral arrangement involving Fittco;
- consent to such disclosure is provided; or
- where such disclosure is permitted or required by law, rule, regulation or professional standard.
- Privacy on Fittco’ Websites
- Personal Information Security
Fittco places reasonable commercial standards of technology and operational security to protect personal information, whether electronically or in hard copy.
- Access to Personal Information
You can request access to personal information that Fittco holds about you, and you can request that Fittco corrects that personal information. Fittco will give you access to your personal information, and take reasonable steps to correct it if Fittco considers that it is incorrect. Before giving you access to your personal information, Fittco will require you to prove your identity by providing some form of identification.
If Fittco refuses to give you access to your personal information, or to correct it, Fittco will notify you in writing and will provide reasons within 30 days.
If you would like to access or correct your personal information, contact Fittco’ Privacy Officer in writing at:
Fittco may use personal information to market its services including by email. You always have the opportunity to not receive such marketing by writing to Fittco’ Privacy Officer.
If you wish to have your personal information deleted, contact Fittco’ Privacy Officer in writing. Fittco will take reasonable steps to delete such personal information unless it is unable to do so for auditing, legal or internal risk management reasons.
Fittco will notify you in writing of the status of any written request to delete personal information within 30 days of receipt of such a request.
- Queries or Concerns About Personal Information
If you have any queries, concerns or complaints about how Fittco is handling your personal information, please write to Fittco’ Privacy Officer. If you are unsatisfied with Fittco’ response to any complaint, you may refer your complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC). Contact details can be found at the OAIC’s website: www.oaic.gov.au.
LAST UPDATED: 25th January 2018